The current health environment dictates a gathering of members is not in their best interest. For that reason, the Board of Directors has decided to postpone the April 25th Annual Membership Meeting. It is anticipated at this time that the meeting will be held Saturday, May 30, 2020. Further details will follow.
Annual Membership Meeting Rescheduled:
When you read the Draft March Board Meeting minutes
you’ll see references to the Annual Membership Meeting scheduled for April 25th. After those minutes were published, the Governor issued his March 17th Coronavirus directive to Virginians to avoid non-essential gatherings of more than 10 people, per federal guidelines. To adhere to this directive, and in the interest of the health and wellness of Malvern members, the Board has unanimously voted to reschedule this meeting. The meeting will be held at the Clubhouse on Saturday, May 30, 2020, beginning at 10:00 a.m. Sign-in will begin at 9:30 a.m.
Below you will find some of the highlights from the meeting and any special notes that might be of interest.
Minutes of most Board and Membership meetings can be found on Malvern's website. We hope you will find this abbreviated report of the minutes useful.
- The minutes of the February 13, 2020, Board Meeting were approved.
- The 2020 paving contract was awarded to S. L. Williamson for a price of $172,244.50. Paving will extend from the Malvern entrance along Malvern Drive to Covered Bridge, then along Covered Bridge to Powderhorn, then along Liberty to Surrey Court. Repairs will also be made to Old Forge and Anvil Court.
- The contractor's $1,500 deposit for new home construction on Lot 88 will be retained. This will help defray the $2,100 cost for repair of an 8' x 80' section of Windmill Lane.
- This year's Yard Sale will be held on May 2. Interested members may contact Ellie Tarbous at (540) 717-5711.
- April (see update below) is the deadline for submission of articles for the Spring Communicator. Any member who wants to run for a Board position may submit a brief bio for inclusion in the Communicator.
Now is the time for new volunteers to step in and help with the community. A total of four Board Member positions will be voted upon at the Annual Membership Meeting, May 30, 2020. Please consider running for a position. Express your interest by submitting a short bio to any Board member prior to April 27th so it may be included in the Spring Communicator. The bio is not required in order to run for a Board seat, but if you are new to the community it is an opportunity to introduce yourself. Nominations can also be taken from the floor during the meeting.
We've added a new Coronavirus (COVID-19) section on the Malvern resouce links
webpage. This addtion contains links to a number of National and Virgina Coronavirus and pandemic flu informational websites. We will add more as we find them or you recommend them.
- The next monthly Board meeting scheduled for April 9, 2020, may be postponed or conducted electronically.
Newsletter Published: March 23, 2020
The Malvern News is created and published as determined by input from the Board and its committees. If you have any questions about the Malvern News or any of the Community activities please visit our Contacts Page for information on contacting the Board or a Board or Committee member.