Dear Members of The Malvern Club,
Please Click Here to open the full text of the Draft minutes for the May 14, 2020, Board of Director's Meeting.
Below you will find some of the highlights from the meeting and any special notes that might be of interest.
Minutes of most Board and Membership meetings can be found on Malvern's website. We hope you will find this abbreviated report of the minutes useful.
- The Pool will open on Saturday, May 23rd. The Pool will be open every day from 7:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. until Labor Day. Members are asked to observe the 10-person-at-a-time limit in the pool until the Governor’s order is lifted. Also, members are asked to maintain a 6-foot separation from people who are not members of their household or their invited guests. Masks are optional. Members who have purchased Pool keys may pick them up at the Pool on Saturday May 23rd between 10:00 a.m. and noon. Keys may also be picked up at the Activity Center on Tuesday and Thursday mornings between 9:30 a.m. and 10:00 a.m. Keys may be purchased by calling Fred at 540.738.2200.
- May 22nd is the deadline for submission of articles for the Spring Communicator. Any member who wants to run for a Board position in the June 27th election may submit a brief bio for inclusion in the Spring Communicator. The bio is not required.
- The minutes of the March 12, 2020, Board Meeting were approved unanimously
- A bid for the dam siphon for $31,100 was provisionally accepted, pending closure of the bids on May 22nd.
- Four architectural applications were approved. Accessory buildings were approved for Lot 47, Ashlawn Drive, and Lot 131, Powderhorn Lane. A fence was approved for Lot 195, Old Forge Way. An application to install siding on an existing accessory building was approved for Lot 82A on Covered Bridge Drive..
- The Complaint Procedure was updated after review by the Virginia HOA Ombudsman.
The Malvern website contains many pages that we hope are useful and are of interest to our members. Each month we will feature a web page that you might have missed.
Check out this month's featured webpage: "Pets and Wildlife in Malvern."
As in its name, this webpage has information about our local wildlife and your pets.
- The next monthly Board meeting will be 7:00 pm, June 11, 2020, at the Clubhouse. All members are encouraged to attend.
Newsletter Published: May 18, 2020
The Malvern News is created and published as determined by input from the Board and its committees. If you have any questions about the Malvern News or any of the Community activities please visit our Contacts Page for information on contacting the Board or a Board or Committee member.