Dear Members of The Malvern Club,
Please Click Here to open the full text of the Draft minutes for the September 10, 2020, Board of Director's Meeting.
Below you will find some of the highlights from the meeting and any special notes that might be of interest.
Minutes of most Board and Membership meetings can be found on Malvern's website. We hope you will find this abbreviated report of the minutes useful.
- The minutes of the August 13, 2020, Board Meeting were amended to report that the Clubhouse HVAC system had been paid for out of Reserve funds. The minutes were approved unanimously.
- Final 2020 dues payments must be mailed by September 30th to avoid a late payment penalty. Click Here for Invoice
- The dam drain project is scheduled for the week of September 28th, subject to the weather. The company advised that they will be able to install the drain without lowering the lake level, so the lake may not stink after the construction is completed.
- The Pool will remain open through Sunday, September 20th, after which it will be closed until Memorial Day Weekend 2021.
- A drop box will be attached to the side of the newspaper box at the mail area for members to deposit their completed ballots for the ongoing Short-term Rentals Amendment voting.
- Rodent control boxes were installed at the Clubhouse to deal with a mouse infestation.
- The Yard Sale is scheduled for Saturday, October 3rd, from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. The event will be held rain or shine.
- The Halloween Trick-or-Treat will be held on Saturday, October 31st from 6-8 p.m.
- The 2021 Malvern draft budget was approved by the Board and will be submitted to the association for review and approval at the October 17th Regular Membership Meeting. Sign-in for that meeting begins at 9:30 a.m. The meeting will start at 10:00 a.m.
- There will be a barbeque lunch at the Clubhouse following the Regular Membership Meeting for members who attend the meeting.
- The updated Clubhouse Reservation & Use Policy and Procedures were approved. Members may view the revised policy documents, and access the reservation form, on the Malvern website at: https://www.malvernofmadison.org/info-clubhouse.php.
Malvern's Firewise Coordinator, Susan Korfanty, is asking members to forward their 2020 time and/or money spent on Firewise related activities.
Click this link for a fillable form to submit or email Susan with your activity time and/or money spent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Providing this information can result in grants being awarded to Malvern. Past grants have included chipping services, reflective address signs, and dry hydrant reimbursement.
|Date:||Saturday, October 3rd from 8:00 AM to 3:00 PM|
Over the past two years we have provided the kids of Malvern with the opportunity to go door-to-door trick or treating. Each year we have grown in our number of kids and houses participating and would love for this year to be as successful. Our kids have gone in their own groups of friends or as families and suggest that participants create their own Trick or Treating "bubble" when going around the neighborhood - meaning, go with who you know and are comfortable with. As for houses, it is up to the owner and their comfort level of how they want to "hand" out candy --- personally I have no problem with creating small goody bags and tossing them at the kids. 😊
Let's enjoy an evening outside of Halloween fun for the kids! Click Here to see the latest Halloween Flyer with dates, times and contact information.
Or please feel free to contact Katie with any questions or concerns at 703-477-7745 or email email@example.com
Check out the Malvern Club "HOA Resident Information"
page. This web page
provides shortcuts to:
- Community Information for Residents
- Homeowner's Association Documents information
- Financial Information
We hope it is useful for residents, potential buyers, and real estate agents.
- The next monthly Board meeting will be 7:00 pm, October 8, 2020, at the Clubhouse. All members are encouraged to attend.
Newsletter Published: September 17, 2020
The Malvern News is created and published as determined by input from the Board and its committees. If you have any questions about the Malvern News or any of the Community activities please visit our Contacts Page for information on contacting the Board or a Board or Committee member.