|Draft March 11, 2021, Meeting Minutes|
|Dear Members of The Malvern Club,
Please Click Here to open the full text of the Draft minutes for the March 11, 2021, Board of Director's Meeting.
Below you will find some of the highlights from the meeting and any special notes that might be of interest.
Minutes of most Board and Membership meetings can be found on Malvern's website. We hope you will find this abbreviated report of the minutes useful.
|Board Meeting Decisions and Actions|
Caution: The entrance island and Malvern sign will be repaired, starting Monday, March 22nd. Motorists should exercise caution when approaching the area, as the outbound lane of the road will be blocked at times, requiring two-way traffic on the inbound lane closest to the mail shed. Observe the CAUTION signs.|
- The minutes of the February 11, 2021, Board meeting were approved unanimously.
- Wall heaters have been installed in the Activity Center and Pool Restroom.
- A television will be installed in the Clubhouse living room, along with a Roku box. Internet access is already available at the Clubhouse complex.
- The Short-term Rental Amendment voting is ongoing. 90 ballots have been recorded so far. The voting ends on May 26th. A total of 156 “yes” votes are required to pass the amendment.
- The Pool preparation will begin the week of April 19th. The Pool could be ready for swimming and open to members before the Memorial Day Weekend if there is interest among the members.
- There is a new ramp leading onto the north dock.
- An application for a new house on Lot 79 at the end of Windmill Lane was approved.
- The pavement problems on Sylvan Lane and Turkey Trot Lane will be repaired this year.
- Members interested in having a Malvern Book Exchange are encouraged to complete the survey on Malvern’s website (details below).
Click Here to read/print a standalone copy of the Draft minutes.|
|Malvern Book Exchange Survey|
It is always fun to find new ways to socially bond with our Malvern neighbors.
This survey form is to find out whether you would be interested in joining other Malvern book-lovers in a book swap?
Rules are easy: you bring your gently used books to the Clubhouse on a date to be determined. While there, you peruse books other members have brought and take whatever is of interest.
At the conclusion, you'll leave with any new to you books along with any of your leftover books.
Click Here to give the Malvern Book Exchange Survey a look.|
|Word on the Street|
Just some local news that you might find useful:
- Free Brush Month: Madison County Transfer Station's Free Brush Months are March & October. For Madison County residents and for residential brush only. Collection & Disposal Fees
- Red Flag Warnings: Bookmark the Madison County Voluteer Fire Deptartment's Facebook Page to see the latest information on critial fire conditions.
- 4:00 PM Burning Law: Virginia's Burning Law goes into effect on February 15 and is in effect until April 30. The 4:00 PM Burning Law is different from the burning bans (see above), which are invoked only during periods of extreme fire danger.
📌 Burning Law Poster
📌 Outdoor Fire Laws Brochure
HOA meetings are held at the Clubhouse. All members are encouraged to attend.
- April 8, 2021, 7:00 p.m. — Board Meeting
- April 24, 2021, 10:00 a.m. — Annual Membership Meeting
- June 10, 2021, 7:00 p.m. — Board Meeting
- July 8, 2021, 7:00 p.m. — Board Meeting
- August 12, 2021, 7:00 p.m. — Board Meeting
- September 9, 2021, 7:00 p.m. — Board Meeting
- October 14, 2021, 7:00 p.m. — Board Meeting
- October 16, 2021, 10:00 a.m. — Regular Membership Meeting
- November 11, 2021, 7:00 p.m. — Board Meeting
- December 9, 2021, 7:00 p.m. — Board Meeting
|Newsletter Published: March xx, 2021
The Malvern News is created and published as determined by input from the Board and its committees. If you have any questions about the Malvern News or any of the Community activities please visit our Contacts Page for information on contacting the Board or a Board or Committee member.