Draft March 10, 2022, Board Meeting
Dear Members of The Malvern Club,
Please Click Here
to open the full text of the Draft minutes for the March 10, 2022, Board of Director's Meeting.
Below you will find some of the highlights from the meeting and any special notes that might be of interest.
Minutes of most Board and Membership meetings can be found on Malvern's website.
Board Meeting Decisions and Actions
- The updated minutes of the February 10, 2022, Board meeting were approved unanimously.
- An application for a solar system installation on the house on Lot 99, 125 Butter Churn Way, was approved unanimously.
- The Board voted unanimously to accept new rates submitted by our landscaping contractor.
Annual dues for 2022 were due on March 1, 2022. Member accounts that have not been paid by March 31, 2022, will be assessed a $30 late fee, in accordance with the Financial Policy. Members may pay the entire $575 now or make a partial payment of $325 now, with the balance of $250 payable on September 1, 2022. To make a payment, write a check to Malvern Club, Inc., with the notation “2022 Dues.” To ensure delivery by March 31st, place the check in an envelope addressed to “Treasurer.” Place the envelope in the Dropbox, which is attached to the door of the Activity Center at the Clubhouse Complex. The Dropbox is labeled “Malvern Board.” The Activity Center is the building on the left as you go up the steps to the Clubhouse.
The Annual Membership Meeting will be held at the Clubhouse on Saturday, April 30th. Member check-in and Pool Key pickup will be from 9:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. The meeting will be from 10:00 a.m. to noon. The agenda for this year’s meeting includes status reports from the Board and an election of officers. There are four seats on the ballot this year. Stephen Langone will run for his seat again. We will need three new people to agree to serve on the Board for the next 2-year term. Any member who is interested in serving on the Board is asked to submit a brief bio to be included in the Spring Communicator. Members may email their bios to Secretary@MalvernofMadison.org
by April 8th.
New furniture has been purchased for the Clubhouse living room.
The Pool will open on Friday, May 27th. A Pool Key may be purchased for $20 at the Annual Membership Meeting on April 30th or at any Board meeting thereafter.
The Culpeper Soil and Water Conservation District is offering a reimbursement up to $175 for a septic tank pump out. A flyer has been posted on the bulletin board at the Mail Shed.
Word on the Street
Just some local news that you might find useful:
- 4:00 PM Burning Law: Virginia's Burning Law went into effect on February 15 and is in effect until April 30. The 4:00 PM Burning Law is different from the burning bans which are invoked only during periods of extreme fire danger.
📌 Burning Law Web Page
📌 Outdoor Fire Laws Brochure
- MCVFD: Bookmark the Madison County Voluteer Fire Deptartment's Facebook Page to see the latest information on critial fire conditions.
USDA Plant Hardiness Map
The 2012 USDA Plant Hardiness Zone Map
is the standard by which gardeners and growers can determine which plants are most likely to thrive at a location.
The map below
is available as an interactive GIS-based map where users may simply type in a ZIP Code and find the hardiness zone for that area.
😀 Pun of the Month 😀
🧑🤝🧑 Scheduled Meetings 🧑🤝🧑
HOA meetings are held at the Clubhouse. All members are encouraged to attend.
- April 14, 2022, 7:00 p.m. — Board Meeting
- April 30, 2022, 10:00 a.m. — Annual Membership Meeting
- May 12, 2022, 7:00 p.m. — Board Meeting
- June 9, 2022, 7:00 p.m. — Board Meeting
Newsletter Published: March 29, 2022
The Malvern News is created and published as determined by input from the Board and its committees. If you have any questions about the Malvern News or any of the Community activities please visit our Contacts Page
for information on contacting the Board or a Board or Committee member.