Congratulations New Directors
to the three new* Board Directors elected following the April 30th Annual Membership Meeting.
|Board of Directors
|1st Vice President||Steve Langone|
|2nd Vice President||Chris Dickens*|
Draft April 14, 2022, Board Meeting
Please Click Here
to open the full text of the Draft minutes for the April 14, 2022, Board of Director's Meeting.
Below you will find some of the highlights from the meeting and any special notes that might be of interest.
Minutes of most Board and Membership meetings can be found on Malvern's website.
Board Meeting Decisions and Actions
- The minutes of the March 10, 2022, Board meeting were approved unanimously.
- A new Five Year Plan was approved unanimously. It was presented to the members at the April 30th membership meeting.
Word on the Street
Just some local news that you might find interesting or useful:
- Help Wanted The Ladies Aquatic Exercise Group is looking for a coordinator. The ladies get together to do mild water aerobics in the pool two or three times a week during the summer. They are looking for someone who can manage their email list and operate the CD player during the exercises. This group has been a Malvern summer fixture for many years. They have a loyal membership of 6 to 10 ladies from the community and they always seem to have a good time. If interested, contact Pat Kaplon at 540.948.3271.
- The Culpeper Soil and Water Conservation District is offering a reimbursement up to $175 for a septic tank pump out. The Septic System Repairs flyer is posted on the bulletin board at the Mail Shed and a copy passed out at the Spring Membership Meeting.
- The Pool will open on Friday, May 20th, at 7:00 a.m., subject to water condition and weather.
U.S. Drought Monitor
The Drought Monitor summary map
identifies general areas of drought and labels them by intensity. D1 is the least intense level and D4 the most intense. Drought is defined as a moisture deficit bad enough to have social, environmental or economic effects.
😀 Pun of the Month 😀
☕ Groups & Contacts 🍺
There are a number of social events and groups in Malvern. Many events are held at the Malvern Clubhouse or Activity Center, while the Ladies and Men's Lunch Groups venture out to different, local restaurants each month. The best place to see upcoming events is the Malvern calendar.
- Activity Center Reservations: Fred Bourque-703.405.9621
- Adopt-a-Highway (inactive): Steve Langone-571.419.0575
- Book Club: Nancy Johnson 540.948.7019
- Clubhouse Reservations: Fred Bourque-703.405.9621
- Ladies Exercise Group: Diana Wright-540.948.6340
- Ladies Coffee Social: Diana Wright-540.948.6340
- Ladies Lunch Group: Pat Rowe-540.948.7092
- Men's Lunch Group: Fred Bourque-703.405.9621
- Pokeno Night: Melody Langone 703.843.6567
- Yard Sale (10/1/22): Ellie Tarbous-540.717.5711
🧑🤝🧑 Scheduled Meetings 🧑🤝🧑
HOA meetings are held at the Clubhouse. All members are encouraged to attend.
- May 12, 2022, 7:00 p.m. — Board Meeting
- June 9, 2022, 7:00 p.m. — Board Meeting
- July 14, 2022, 7:00 p.m. — Board Meeting
- August 11, 2022, 7:00 p.m. — Board Meeting
Newsletter Published: May 5, 2022
The Malvern News is created and published as determined by input from the Board and its committees. If you have any questions about the Malvern News or any of the Community activities please visit our Contacts Page
for information on contacting the Board or a Board or Committee member.