Update and Congratulations
In addition to the three new Directors (*) announced in the last Newsletter, please welcome Doug Kirby who was just appoved to fill a vacant Board seat until the October 15th Regular Membership Meeting.
|Board of Directors
|1st Vice President||Steve Langone|
|2nd Vice President||Chris Dickens*|
|Director||Doug Kirby* |
Draft May 12, 2022, Board Meeting
Please Click Here
to open the full text of the Draft minutes for the May 12, 2022, Board of Director's Meeting.
Below you will find some of the highlights from the meeting and any special notes that might be of interest.
Minutes of most Board and Membership meetings can be found on Malvern's website.
Board Meeting Decisions and Actions
- The minutes of the April 14, 2022, Board meeting were approved unanimously.
- An application to erect a storage shed on Lot 79 was approved.
Word on the Street
Just some local news that you might find interesting or useful:
- The Pool is scheduled to open May 20th. The Pool will be open every day, from 7 a.m. to 10:00 p.m., until Labor Day, September 5th. Contact Fred Bourque for pool keys at 703.405.9621.
- The North Dock - Starting Monday, May 23rd, the North Dock off Ashlawn Drive will be inaccessible at times as repairs, staining, and improvements are being made to the dock. The circle may be blocked at times with vehicles. If this work goes on for more than a week, we will pause work for next weekend to give members a chance to get out on the dock. Volunteers would make the project move along faster. If you are able and willing to help, contact Dave Kalish at 540.948.3132.
The dock road will be closed for repairs and sealcoating sometime in early June for 1 or 2 days. The dates will be posted on the Bulletin Board at the Mail Shed as soon as we have the work scheduled.
Please be considerate when the workers are present.
- Garden Maintenance - There is now a "Garden Maintenance Team" in the community. Its purpose is to take care of the Malvern Club gardens, which include the Clubhouse gardens, the gardens at the entrance, and other beautification projects that the team will undertake in the future. A team of Malvern volunteers will take turns weeding and planting. The team will make seasonal, weekly, and periodic short-term assignments to maintain the beautiful gardens we have. Groups of volunteers will periodically gather to replant beds with fresh plants and make new beds in the Malvern common areas.
The team will be led by Diana Wright, who came up with this idea. She will be putting together small teams based on need and your availability. If you have an interest in gardening, or just want to have fun playing in the dirt with your neighbors, please join the team by emailing Diana at:
In your email, please describe what your preference is for your participation. Our schedule will be fairly flexible and, of course, dependent on the weather cooperating.
Climate Prediction Center
Acccording to the National Weather Service (NWS) Climate Prediction Center
La Niña conditions remain favored through the Northern Hemisphere summer, and continuing into the fall and early winter.
😀 Pun of the Month 😀
☕ Groups & Contacts 🍺
There are a number of social events and groups in Malvern. Many events are held at the Malvern Clubhouse or Activity Center, while the Ladies and Men's Lunch Groups venture out to different, local restaurants each month. The best place to see upcoming events is the Malvern calendar.
- Activity Center Reservations: Fred Bourque-703.405.9621
- Adopt-a-Highway (inactive): Steve Langone-571.419.0575
- Book Club: Nancy Johnson-540.948.7019
- Clubhouse Reservations: Fred Bourque-703.405.9621
- Ladies Exercise Group: Diana Wright-540.948.6340
- Ladies Coffee Social: Diana Wright-540.948.6340
- Ladies Lunch Group: Pat Rowe-540.948.7092
- Malvern Gardeners: Diana Wright-540.948.6340
- Men's Lunch Group: Fred Bourque-703.405.9621
- Pokeno Night: Melody Langone 703.843.6567
- Yard Sale (10/1/22): Ellie Tarbous-540.717.5711
🧑🤝🧑 Scheduled Meetings 🧑🤝🧑
HOA meetings are held at the Clubhouse. All members are encouraged to attend.
- June 9, 2022, 7:00 p.m. — Board Meeting
- July 14, 2022, 7:00 p.m. — Board Meeting
- August 11, 2022, 7:00 p.m. — Board Meeting
- September 8, 2022, 7:00 p.m. — Board Meeting
Newsletter Published: May 19, 2022
The Malvern News is created and published as determined by input from the Board and its committees. If you have any questions about the Malvern News or any of the Community activities please visit our Contacts Page
for information on contacting the Board or a Board or Committee member.