Draft June 9, 2022, Board Meeting
Please Click Here
to open the full text of the Draft minutes for the June 9, 2022, Board of Director's Meeting.
Below you will find some of the highlights from the meeting and any special notes that might be of interest.
Minutes of most Board and Membership meetings can be found on Malvern's website.
Board Meeting Decisions and Actions
- The minutes of the May 12, 2022, Board meeting were approved unanimously.
- An application to erect a shed roof extension on an existing garage on Lot 205 was approved
Word on the Street
Just some local news that you might find interesting or useful:
- The Pool will be open every day, from 7 a.m. to 10:00 p.m., until Labor Day, September 5th. Contact Fred Bourque for pool keys at 703.405.9621.
- There will be a 4th of July Celebration this year on July 4, 2022, beginning at 12:00 p.m. at the Malvern Clubhouse and continuing until 2:00 p.m. or later. Hamburgers, hot dogs, condiments, and chips will be provided. The committee is still working
on some form of entertainment. There will be games, horseshoes, corn hole, and badminton. All members and their families and visiting friends are invited. The Pool will be open to all members who have purchased a pool key.
Spotting a Drowning Person
"Drowning is the third leading cause of unintentional death in the world. Yet, for everyone’s desire to prevent accidental drowning, it's often not obvious when a person is actually drowning because they may lack the strength or time to draw attention to themselves. By recognizing the Signs of Drowning
, aiding a person if necessary, and practicing safe swimming practices, you may be able to prevent accidental drowning.
Observe signs of dry drowning
. Although relatively uncommon, dry drowning can happen when children ingest a small amount of water that sends their airways into distress. Watching for the signs of dry drowning can save a child’s life or from serious medical issues.
To read all the signs and get useful tips and links to more informnation please visit the source, WikiHow's How to Recognize That Someone Is Drowning
😀 Pun of the Month 😀
☕ Groups & Contacts 🍺
There are a number of social events and groups in Malvern. Many events are held at the Malvern Clubhouse or Activity Center, while the Ladies and Men's Lunch Groups venture out to different, local restaurants each month. The best place to see upcoming events is the Malvern calendar.
- Activity Center Reservations: Fred Bourque-703.405.9621
- Adopt-a-Highway (inactive): Steve Langone-571.419.0575
- Book Club: Nancy Johnson-540.948.7019
- Clubhouse Reservations: Fred Bourque-703.405.9621
- Ladies Exercise Group: Diana Wright-540.948.6340
- Ladies Coffee Social: Diana Wright-540.948.6340
- Ladies Lunch Group: Pat Rowe-540.948.7092
- Malvern Gardeners: Diana Wright-540.948.6340
- Men's Lunch Group: Fred Bourque-703.405.9621
- Pokeno Night: Melody Langone 703.843.6567
- Yard Sale (10/1/22): Ellie Tarbous-540.717.5711
🧑🤝🧑 Scheduled Meetings 🧑🤝🧑
HOA meetings are held at the Clubhouse. All members are encouraged to attend.
- July 14, 2022, 7:00 p.m. — Board Meeting
- August 11, 2022, 7:00 p.m. — Board Meeting
- September 8, 2022, 7:00 p.m. — Board Meeting
- October 13, 2022, 7:00 p.m. — Board Meeting
Newsletter Published: June 23, 2022
The Malvern News is created and published as determined by input from the Board and its committees. If you have any questions about the Malvern News or any of the Community activities please visit our Contacts Page
for information on contacting the Board or a Board or Committee member.