Draft August 11, 2022, Board Meeting
Please Click Here
to open the full text of the Draft minutes for the August 11, 2022, Board of Director's Meeting.
Below you will find some of the highlights from the meeting and any special notes that might be of interest.
Minutes of most Board and Membership meetings can be found on Malvern's website.
Board Meeting Decisions and Actions
- The minutes of the July 14, 2022, Board meeting were amended and approved unanimously.
- An application to add a front porch to an existing home on Lot 55 was approved.
- Stephen Langone was elected to the office of Treasurer.
- At the Regular Membership Meeting on October 15th an election will be held for the director’s position currently held by Doug Kirby.
Reserve Study Committee Meeting
There will be a meeting of the Reserve Study Committee to finalize the 2022 update to the Reserve Study and the Five-Year Plan. The meeting will be held on Tuesday, August 30th, at 7:00 p.m. in the Activity Center. All Malvern members are invited to attend.
The lake, docks, and dam are open. The leak at the lake was fixed but with an unexpected expense of $34,500. The lake level is up another 10 inches since the 8/11 Board meeting where it was reported at 19 inches below normal. It's now 9 inches below normal, up from its lowest level of 26 inches below normal.
Until a new E. coli test is performed, swimming in the lake is not recommended.
Notes of Interest
Just some local news that you might find interesting or useful:
- The Pool will be open every day, from 7:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m., until Labor Day, September 5th. Contact Fred Bourque for pool keys at 703.405.9621.
- A Chili Cookoff is scheduled for October 22nd. For members, their families, and guests. Held outdoors if the weather cooperates. More information is to follow.
- The Community Yard Sale is scheduled for Saturday, October 1st. Members should contact Ellie Tarbous at 540.717.5711 for more information.
- Loose grass clippings on the roads can be very dangerous for motorcycles. Please do not blow grass into the road.
How Do I... USA.gov
Have a question about the USA? Learn where to find answers to the most requested facts about the United States of America.
😀 Pun of the Month 😀
☕ Groups & Contacts 🍺
There are a number of social events and groups in Malvern. Many events are held at the Malvern Clubhouse or Activity Center, while the Ladies and Men's Lunch Groups venture out to different, local restaurants each month. The best place to see upcoming events is the Malvern calendar.
- Activity Center Reservations: Fred Bourque-703.405.9621
- Adopt-a-Highway (inactive): Steve Langone-571.419.0575
- Book Club: Nancy Johnson-540.948.7019
- Clubhouse Reservations: Fred Bourque-703.405.9621
- Ladies Exercise Group: Diana Wright-540.948.6340
- Ladies Coffee Social: Diana Wright-540.948.6340
- Ladies Lunch Group: Pat Rowe-540.948.7092
- Malvern Gardeners: Diana Wright-540.948.6340
- Men's Lunch Group: Fred Bourque-703.405.9621
- Pokeno Night: Melody Langone 703.843.6567
- Yard Sale (10/1/22): Ellie Tarbous-540.717.5711
🧑🤝🧑 Scheduled Meetings 🧑🤝🧑
HOA meetings are held at the Clubhouse. All members are encouraged to attend.
- September 8, 2022, 7:00 p.m. — Board Meeting
- October 13, 2022, 7:00 p.m. — Board Meeting
- October 15, 2022, 10:00 a.m. — Regular Membership Meeting
- November 10, 2022, 7:00 p.m. — Board Meeting
- December 8, 2022, 7:00 p.m. — Board Meeting
Newsletter Published: August 25, 2022
The Malvern News is created and published as determined by input from the Board and its committees. If you have any questions about the Malvern News or any of the Community activities please visit our Contacts Page
for information on contacting the Board or a Board or Committee member.