Lake Madison is an excellent place to observe wildlife. The lake is home to families of ducks, fish and a source of water for deer and many species of birds that live within the Malvern community. The abundance of wildlife makes it an excellent place to go for a nice walk. Fishing is great on Lake Madison and even a beginner can make a good catch in the late afternoon.
Lake hours: ½ hour before sunrise until ½ hour after sunset.
Document—Fishing and Boating Guidelines
- Lake access and use is restricted to only Malvern Club members and invited guests who accompany the member
- Children under age 13 must at all times be accompanied by a person 16 years of age or older who could provide supervision and life-saving functions if required
- For your safety, no diving or swimming alone
- Fishing from dam, docks, boats, canoes, kayaks, inflatables or common property requires a Virginia fishing license
- Members and their guests may not fish from private properties unless invited by the property owner
- See Fishing and Boating Guidelines (below) for additional lake use rules