Malvern of Madison is located in Madison County, Virginia near the Town of Madison, a few miles off of Route 29 North. Located in the Piedmont area of central Virginia the subdivision is a convenient commute to Greene, Culpeper, Orange, Fredricksburg, and Charlottesville. Many people also commute to Richmond and Northern Virginia. Click Here: to visit the Madison County Geograhic Information System (GIS) with detailed information down to the individual lot level.
Malvern Club, Inc, 905 Malvern Drive, Madison, VA 22727
Other Resources on the Web:
Please note that Malvern of Madison is not affiliated with any of the following resources. Clicking on the following links will take you away from the Malvern of Madison website.
Madison County and the Town of Madison
- Madison City-Data: Information about the Town of Madison, e.g. population, income, home sales, weather, and more.
- Madison County Census Quickfacts: QuickFacts tables are summary profiles showing frequently requested data items from various U.S. Census Bureau programs. Profiles are available for the nation, states, counties, and large cities.
- Madison County Chamber of Commerce: Another resource for local information in Madison County including churches, schools, government, history, tourism, festivals, activities and more.
- Madison County Farmers Market: Virginia Grown Products Every Saturday 8 a.m.-12 noon, April- October at Hoover Ridge
- Madison County FEMA Flood Map Service: Search for Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) flood maps for Madison County, your address, or anywhere in the USA.
- Madison County Government: This is the home page for Madison County Government. It provides information about all aspects of county government such as: Ordinances; Board of Supervisor's Meeting Schedule & Agenda; Links to Individual Government Departments; and more.
- Madison County Property with GIS Maps: An online resource to view property and map data and orthophoto images of Madison County.
- Madison County - Remembering the Flood of 1995: The Madison County, Virginia Flash Flood was an historic event. Record rainfall across the Central Virginia foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains led to catastrophic flooding that caused millions of dollars of damage. Madison County received the worst of the flash flooding.
Madison County Public and Nearby Private Schools
- Madison County Public Schools: A resource of information from the Public School system in Madison County. SOL scores, Calendar of Events, etc.
- Germanna Community College Germanna Community College is one of the twenty-three community colleges in Virginia that comprise the Virginia Community College System. It is a two year public institution of higher education established in 1970.
- Grymes Memorial School: Situated on forty-two acres overlooking the Blue Ridge Mountains in historic Orange, Virginia, Grymes Memorial School is a private, coeducational day-school offering programs in junior kindergarten through eighth grade.
- University of Virginia The University of Virginia is made up of eleven schools in Charlottesville plus the College at Wise in Southwest Virginia and was founded by Thomas Jefferson in 1819.
- Woodberry Forest School: Woodberry Forest School is a boarding school community for boys in grades nine through twelve. They were founded in 1889 on a central Virginia farm originally owned by the family of President James Madison.
Madison County Public and Volunteer Emergency Services
County and Independent Libraries
- Culpeper County Library: Books, magazines, newspapers, audio tapes and CD, videos and DVD, educational software, special collections, microfilm, and more.
- Greene County Library: A community hub with an active Friends of the Library Group.
- Orange County Library: Provides citizens with materials, information, and services to meet their life needs.
- Madison County Library: This independent library offers 70 newspaper and magazine subscriptions, audiobooks, DVDs, CDs, eBooks, digital audio books.
State and Regional Resources
- American Red Cross - Virginia Region : A humanitarian organization led by volunteers and guided by its Congressional Charter and the Fundamental Principles of the International Red Cross Movement, will provide relief to victims of disaster and help people prevent, prepare for, and respond to emergencies.
- Charlottesville Citizens for Better Rail Alternatives (CvilleRail): CvilleRail is an advocacy group based in Albemarle County, Virginia that is dedicated to providing convenient, cost-effective, clean, and comfortable passenger rail service from Charlottesville to Washington, D.C.
- Culpeper Soil and Water Conservation District (CSWCD): The CSWCD is a political subdivision of the Commonwealth of Virginia. Geographically it includes the counties of Culpeper, Greene, Madison, Orange, and Rappahannock. Founded in 1939 by citizens concerned about soil and water conservation, the CSWCD is the largest of forty-six conservation districts within Virginia and serves an area covering 1,445 square miles with about 91,000 constituents.
- FireWise Virginia: This site provides complete information to make your home, property and community safe from wildfire.
- Hunters for the Hungry: Virginia Hunters Who Care - Feeding Virginia's hungry is the driving force behind their program. Individuals across Virginia, hunters and non-hunters, are combining their efforts and financial support to feed the needy.
- Meals-on-Wheels: New At the core of the Meals on Wheels service is a nutritious meal, companionship and a watchful eye on the health and safety of our seniors. For those who have trouble getting around, they bring the service to you.
- Virginia Cooperative Extension - Madison: We provide education through programs in Agriculture and Natural Resources, Family and Consumer Sciences, 4-H Youth Development, and Community Viability.
- Virginia Master Gardener Program:Virginia Cooperative Extension Master Gardeners are volunteers with Extension dedicated to working with the community to encourage and promote environmentally sound horticulture practices through sustainable landscape management educational Programs.
Home Owners' Association Information
- Common Interest Community Board: Regulates common interest community managers, as well as certain employees of licensed management firms. The Board's authority also includes condominium and time-share project registrations, and extends to transactions occurring within Virginia, even if the property involved is located outside the Commonwealth. Property owner, condominium, and cooperative associations are required to file annual reports with the Board.
- Common Interest Community Ombudsman - Homeowners' Associations: Condominium, Cooperative, and Property Owners' Associations - The Office of the Common Interest Community Ombudsman offers assistance and information to association members regarding the rights and processes available to them through their associations.
National and General Interest
- Biodiversity Information Serving Our Nation (BISON): BISON is a U.S. Geological Survey's information system that allows users to access, explore, and download U.S. species occurrence data from participating data providers.
- Calculator.net : Free Online Calculators: This site is trying to provide comprehensive and convenient free online calculators. Currently they have around 100 calculators with more to come.
- Climate Prediction Center: Provided by the National Weather Service, this site has maps that display temperature/precipitation outlooks and hazards/drought assessments.
- Coronavirus (COVID-19): What You Need to Know about COVID-19.
- Drowning: How to Recognize That Someone Is Drowning. It's often not obvious when a person is actually drowning because they may lack the strength or time to draw attention to themselves. By recognizing the signs of drowning, aiding a person if necessary, and practicing safe swimming practices, you may be able to prevent accidental drowning.
- FEMA Flood Map Service: Search for Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) flood maps for your address, Madison County, or anywhere in the USA.
- Ground-Water Climate Response Network: The USGS maintains a network of wells to monitor the effects of droughts and other climate variability on ground-water levels. Clicking this link will take you to the Virginia page where you can view data collected for a near-by well.
- Pandemic Flu: One stop access to U.S. Government avian and pandemic flu information. Managed by the Department of Health and Human Services.
- Plant Hardiness Zone Map: The 2012 USDA Plant Hardiness Zone Map is the standard by which gardeners and growers can determine which plants are most likely to thrive at a location. The map is based on the average annual minimum winter temperature, divided into 10-degree F zones.
- Radon: Guides to protecting yourself and your family from Radon
- Risk Factor: Find your home's Risk Factors - past events, current risks, and future projections based on peer-reviewed research from the world’s leading flood, fire, and climate modelers.
- Science In Your Backyard: Virginia: U.S. Geologic Survey (USGS) science information by region and state.
- USA.gov: New Have a question about the USA? Learn where to find answers to the most requested facts about the United States of America.
- U.S. Drought Monitor: The U.S. Drought Monitor is produced in partnership between the National Drought Mitigation Center at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln, the United States Department of Agriculture, and the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration.
- U.S. National Dept Clock: Daily updates of the National Debt and each citizen's share. Warning! Not for the faint of heart.
- Zika Virus: Zika virus disease is a disease caused by the Zika virus, which is spread to people primarily through the bite of an infected Aedes species mosquito. The most common symptoms of Zika are fever, rash, joint pain, and conjunctivitis (red eyes).
- CBS19 News Local television station in Charlottesville.
- Charlottesville Daily Progress: Charlottesville News, Sports, Entertainment.
- Culpeper Star-Exponent: Culpeper News, Classified, Lifestyle.
- Greene County Record: Greene County News, Classified, Lifestyle
- Madison Eagle: Madison County News, Classified, Lifestyle.
- NBC29: Local television station in Charlottesville.
- Orange County Review: Orange County News, Weather, Sports
- VPM: Virginia’s home for public media, VPM connects nearly 2 million people across Central Virginia and the Shenandoah Valley
Recycle and Rehabilitate
- Earth911: Welcome To The Earth911 Recycling Search! With over 350 materials and 100,000+ listings, we maintain one of North America's most extensive recycling databases.
- How to Recycle Printer Ink Cartridges, Paper, and Other Office Supplies: New Reusing and recycling office supplies extends the useful life of materials and prevents the need for further resource use. Most items within eyesight of anyone's office desk can be recycled.
- How to Safely Get Rid of 50 Household Items: Every now and then, it’s a good idea to give your home a once-over and clear some space. Whether you’re preparing for a renovation or you just need a little extra room, take the time to assess your belongings.
- Restore the Wild! Licensed Wildlife Rehabilitators: This is a comprehensive list of wildlife rehabilitators statewide. It is accurate and up-to-date. If there is no listing for your city/county, look for a rehabilitator in an adjacent county.
- Selling, Donating and Recycling Old Clothing: New The average American throws out around 70 pounds of textiles every year. To reduce waste, go through your unwanted clothes and divide them based on condition. Then, try an eco-friendly way to get rid of things rather than throwing them in the trash.
- Where To Recycle Tires + State-by-State Disposal Fees: You may have heard of a tire disposal fee for every new set of tires purchased. Here, we’ll explain the types of disposal fees and where to recycle tires.