Draft September 8, 2022, Board Meeting
Please Click Here
to open the full text of the Draft minutes for the September 8, 2022, Board of Director's Meeting.
Below you will find some of the highlights from the meeting and any special notes that might be of interest.
Minutes of most Board and Membership meetings can be found on Malvern's website.
Board Meeting Decisions and Actions
- Doug Kirby resigned from the Board effective immediately due to personal obligations. His seat will be filled via an election at the Regular Membership Meeting. The meeting will be held at the Clubhouse on Saturday, October 15, 2022, from 10:00 am - 12:00 pm. Any member in good standing wishing to run for the open seat may simply announce their willingness to serve at the membership meeting. Also, at that meeting the 2023 Operations Budget will be presented for membership approval.
- The minutes of the August 11, 2022, Board meeting were approved unanimously.
- An application to add a roof over an existing dock on Lot 47 was approved.
- The 2022 Reserve Study was accepted by the Board and will be posted on the Malvern website. The Reserve Study Committee was dissolved.
- The Updated Five-Year Plan was approved.
- The Draft 2023 Operations Budget was approved.
- The annual Yard Sale will be held on Saturday, October 1, 2022. To participate, contact Ellie Tarbous at (540) 717-5711.
Notes of Interest
Just some local news that you might find interesting or useful:
- The Pool closed on Labor Day, September 5th and will reopen on May 27, 2023. Contact Fred Bourque at 703.405.9621 for more information.
- Lake Update: The lake level has risen 22 inches since the leak was repaired. We now are only 4 inches below the average lake water level.
- A Chili Cookoff is scheduled for October 22nd. For members, their families, and guests. Held outdoors if the weather cooperates.
- Halloween in Malvern: 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm, Monday, October 31st.
Would you like ghosts and goblins, princesses and pirates, superheroes and villains to visit your house this year for a treat? If so, text “YES” to Trick or Treating in Malvern with Lot # or address to 703-477-7745.
🧾 Madison County Library 🧾
The Madison County Library
is one of only 8 independent libraries in the state. It currently has over 5,700 registered patrons, 48,000 books in the collection and averages 500 people visits per week. In addition, the library offers 70 newspaper and magazine subscriptions, audiobooks, DVDs, and CDs for checkout, and over 35,000 eBooks and audiobooks for digital download.
😀 Pun of the Month 😀
☕ Groups & Contacts 🍺
There are a number of social events and groups in Malvern. Many events are held at the Malvern Clubhouse or Activity Center, while the Ladies and Men's Lunch Groups venture out to different, local restaurants each month. The best place to see upcoming events is the Malvern calendar.
- Activity Center Reservations: Fred Bourque-703.405.9621
- Adopt-a-Highway (inactive): Steve Langone-571.419.0575
- Book Club: Nancy Johnson-540.948.7019
- Clubhouse Reservations: Fred Bourque-703.405.9621
- Ladies Exercise Group: Diana Wright-540.948.6340
- Ladies Coffee Social: Diana Wright-540.948.6340
- Ladies Lunch Group: Pat Rowe-540.948.7092
- Malvern Gardeners: Diana Wright-540.948.6340
- Men's Lunch Group: Fred Bourque-703.405.9621
- Pokeno Night: Melody Langone 703.843.6567
- Yard Sale (10/1/22): Ellie Tarbous-540.717.5711
🧑🤝🧑 Scheduled Meetings 🧑🤝🧑
HOA meetings are held at the Clubhouse. All members are encouraged to attend.
- October 13, 2022, 7:00 p.m. — Board Meeting
- October 15, 2022, 10:00 a.m. — Regular Membership Meeting
- November 10, 2022, 7:00 p.m. — Board Meeting
- December 8, 2022, 7:00 p.m. — Board Meeting
Newsletter Published: September 22, 2022
The Malvern News is created and published as determined by input from the Board and its committees. If you have any questions about the Malvern News or any of the Community activities please visit our Contacts Page
for information on contacting the Board or a Board or Committee member.